Friday, February 28, 2014

Writing For All The a Write Reasons

I remember when I first had the urge to write. It was when I was in middle school and I started writing my very first fan fiction story, involving me and some friends attending a New Kids On The Block concert and meeting the guys. A work in progress that I never finished, but I suspect it's still in my keepsake box in my closet at my mom's house.
Many years later I found myself writing again. It was once again fan fiction and people loved it. In fact, some people liked my stories so much that I was asked to get into role-playing. It was a new writing style for me, but I caught on really quick.

For almost 9 years now I have been an avid role-player. I started off RPing the male characters from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels, Joe Morelli and Ranger back in 2005. Then in 2008 I started watching Supernatural and shortly after I became a Supernatural RPer, portraying the main characters Dean and Sam Winchester and several original characters of my own creations. 

In the last few years I have only had one partner that I write with on about 3 different stories. We use the writing to relax and spend time with each other. We enjoy writing together and have been for almost 6 years. I've had other writing partners in the past, but always found that most weren't very easy to write with or open to my ideas for the stories we wrote. My current RP partner is my best friend, my sister of the heart. We are very in sync with each other and work very well together. I have vowed to only write with her, even though she has several other RP partners, I am completely devoted to her. I feel like I am getting a little too sappy here.

The reasons I write is to tell a story, ignite fantasy and imagination, and to make myself feel good. No matter if it is an action packed fight scene, an emotionally draining scene, or a hot and spicy sex scene, it feels good to tell a story and even better to write it. I write for myself and partner. Whether or not anyone else follows or reads those stories, it doesn't matter to us. We do it for ourselves.

However, I do have a pet peeve in the role-playing community. Some people are impatient when it comes to their partners and expect replies and contact every second of every day. These people seem to forget that their partners have real lives to maintain which are more important than their character lives. I've seen drama ensue over the pettiest of petty reasons. Sometimes you just need to take a breath and consider your partners life situation and feelings. I have apologized and forgiven past partners I have had for walking away or dropping out of stories we had been writing. I have learned from my mistakes and hope to never make those mistakes again.

I write because I love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment